SCRIPTURE: ” And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” (Colo. 3:17 NIV)
Careers are both spiritual and supernatural. Jesus has the power and strategy to help you turn your career into calling. As believers, sometimes we feel frustrated, and in dilemma when we seek the will of God for which career or profession to pursue, but God is silent. Have you ever felt this frustration and uncertainty? Are you waiting for an angelic visitation, writing on the wall, or loud voice? Let us look at some five insights to help us answer this dilemma:
- There is no division between a spiritual career and a calling. Your personal career could and should become a calling from heaven.
- God has uniquely qualified you to do something and enjoy it. What do you love to do? Can you make a living doing it?
- Careers and callings from God should be the same. Jesus prayed one prayer to the Father. “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:10). Christians should see their careers as their methods of bringing heaven on earth.
- Christians are called to bring excellence and effort into the workplace. “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters” (Colo. 3:23 NIV)
- God has designed you to love a career and do well at it. He will let you choose a career so you can shine like a bright light and flourish.
As a believer, let see our workplace as a mission field. The workplace may not seem spiritual, but requires a focused person led by the Holy Spirit to succeed at it.
Source: Culled from Jesus. net.
Rev. Dr. Joyce R. Aryee
(Executive Director, Salt and Light Ministries)
Salt and Light Ministries
P.O.Box AN 15007, Accra North
Contact: 0302 772013,026 8130 615/0243588467